logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

merc669
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2011 5:52:07 PM(UTC)
merc669

Groups: Registered

Complete newbie. But just got done installing ACEVPN Ultimate. I would like to be able to start it for all users upon boot or login. Works great manually. However, My wife handles the finances and is pretty computer illiterate. I would just like it to start and be running when her or I connect to Web via Firefox or IE. I read it can be run as a service and right now it is set for manual in Services. Is there documentation as to being able to set this up? I did a search but nothing seems to fit the bill. Thanks Much!!

Bill....
acevpn
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2011 11:14:22 PM(UTC)
Acevpn

Groups: Team Acevpn

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 123 post(s)
There are couple of ways to do this. Choose the one that is convenient for you.

Method 1: Add the following code to a .bat file (for eg. acevpnautostart.bat) and add the newly created .bat file to your Windows startup folder.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin\openvpn-gui-1.0.3.exe" --connect "acevpn-ultimate-udp-faster - US.ovpn" --silent_connection 1

OR

Method 2: The Windows installer will set up a Service Wrapper, but leave it turned off by default. To activate it,

Go to START -> CONTROL PANEL -> ADMINISTATIVE TOOLS -> SERVICES
Right click on OPENVPN and select PROPERTIES
Change STARTUP TYPE to AUTOMATIC
Click OK

This will configure the service for automatic start on the next reboot. When started, the OpenVPN Service Wrapper will scan the C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config folder for .ovpn configuration files, starting a separate OpenVPN process on each file. So you got to delete the config you would NOT use from C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config

OR

Method 3: This involves registry hack. Please refer here http://forums.untangle.c...-startup-windows-xp.html